1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares, chopped
3 large eggs
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
3 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour water to a depth of 1 inch in the bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer. Place first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together 3 eggs, granulated sugar, and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Gradually whisk warm chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool 10 minutes.
3. Grease a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with butter. Line bottom and sides of pan with parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Grease (with butter) and flour parchment paper.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl. Whisk into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan, reserving 2/3 cup.
5. Whisk together pumpkin, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt; pour over brownie batter in pan. Top with reserved brownie batter, and swirl batter gently 3 times in 1 direction and 3 times in the opposite direction with a knife or the end of a wooden spoon.
6. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Lift brownies from pan, using parchment paper sides as handles. Gently remove parchment paper, and cut brownies into 24 squares.